Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Northern Lights

Toronto could experience a similar light
show as pictured above.
Tonight we are suppose to experience an amazing light show due to a blast of energy that has burst out of the sun - The Northern Lights. "We might end up with something quite spectacular. We've been waiting a long time for something like this to happen" The Toronto Star. Based on the hype the media created today, my sister and I headed out to Terra Cotta, the countryside 35 minutes north of us, in hopes to catch a glimpse of this dazzling light show. We were sorrily disappointed. We sat in a small field getting bit by mosquitoes and saw nothing. When we got home I decided to lay in the back and wait for something to happen. It didn't - well not yet at least. It can happen anytime before dawn however one meteorologist seen on CBC quoted "There is a slim chance we will see anything tonight." I guess we will find out tomorrow if anyone saw it.
I was really expecting something to happen - and am still expecting. I will probably be up checking every 20 minutes.
On the bright side, I saw two shooting stars tonight. :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw one of those shooting stars!! I stepped out on the deck to see if I could see the Northern Lights and saw it streaming across the sky.

    ReplyDelete