Monday, August 2, 2010

Book Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Yes. I am writing a review for this book. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer is part of the Twilight Saga. I realize that there are many of you who probably want to slap me and absolutely hate Twilight. However there are also a number of crazed tweens who love Twilight and shriek and the sight of Edward. I do not hate Twilight nor do I go crazy for it. I have read all the books and seen the movies thus far. I decided to read this book because I was mildly interested to find out more.
The book takes place during Eclipse when Victoria has Riley make all the newborns to fight a war against the Cullins and evidently kill Bella. The narrator is Bree Tanner which we do not know much about except  that she is spared by the Cullins only to be killed by the Volturi.
It's an interesting insight to see so much into her life when she was only such a small part in Eclipse. We get to see how the newborns were feeling and their background story while at the same time keeping in mind how the Cullins were preparing as well.
I enjoyed getting to know so much more about her. It's not very common to think about the lives of characters that have small parts but usually the writer will visualize the entire life of that character no matter how small the part is. Even though I thought it was a great idea for Stephanie to to write this book so we could see the entire picture, I felt that it wasn't the greatest. I had expected more form it. I did like the small romance that developed between Bree and Diego. I'm guessing this was just a cash grab from all the Twilight fans. Well I guess it worked since I bought it.
I would give this book 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment